Help me with my BIG BLACK BIRDS!!!

Here is a pic of our BA Precious at 25 1/2 weeks old. She is definitely our biggest fluffy butt! We are just waiting for that first egg and searching the yard almost daily to see if she is hiding them somewhere!
big_smile.png

55754_precious.jpg

One pullet, one roo and both Jersey Giants. If they have golden colored eyes they are Black Australorps, if they are dark brown they are Giants.

Quote:
Our BA has large, soulful dark eyes not golden. The bottom of her feet are white so I'm fairly positive that she is a Black Australorp and not a Jersey Giant.

They look alot like my black sex link hen...She has a greenish sheen to her. She lays big brown eggs. I'm not good at distinguishing breeds though.

I'd guess Jersey Giants, I have the identical bird, got them from a place where they just said....they're black. Had no idea of the breed
smile.png

She said they have black skin. We had black australorps and their skin wasn't black. We put the roos in the freezer and definitely no black skin. Are they supposed to have black skin?

Quote:
Our BA has large, soulful dark eyes not golden. The bottom of her feet are white so I'm fairly positive that she is a Black Australorp and not a Jersey Giant.

Out BAs have dark eyes too....all 10 of them.
.....10 chickens with brown eyes that is...not 1 chicken with 10 eyes
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom