Help!!!!!! Millie baby drank miralax

BantamMom100

In the Brooder
Jan 23, 2022
I have a question. I have a millie hen that lives inside. She has a parrot cage and shes my baby. I had a cup of miralax water on the table and she drank 3 or 4 beak fulls. She usually doesnt get on the table so by the time I tried to stop her it was too late. I gave her corn and regular water. Will she be ok?

I hope so. Its a pretty thick mixture and I was in the process of putting her up for bed. She likes to lounge on the couch with me for a bit before bed. The miralax was on the coffee table and she knows not to get on there. She must have been thirsty. I read that it could be toxic for birds and I started getting worried. Thanks

She might have some runny droppings but nothing to worry about. The corn might be a bigger problem if that's all she eats.
Oh no, she eats laying mash but I was hoping it would soak up some of the miralax. So she had 6 kernels of corn and a few little bits of bread.

People always think im crazy when they hear i have an indoor chick but shes very clean and likes her baths...actually its the blow dryer she loves. And she has many chicken diapers for couch lounging. She really is like my baby. Thank you both so much.

Miralax (propylene glycol) is used in some animal foods and products in very small amounts. Many things can be toxic in large amounts. Your chicken will probably be fine, but could have a little diarrhea. Many people get propylene glycol confused with ethylene glycol, the ingredient in antifreeze, that is definitely dangerous. Here is an article about the use of the ingredient in Miralax:
https://www.dvm360.com/view/propylene-glycol-educate-yourself-and-your-veterinary-clients

Back
Top Bottom