Help! Modern Game Bantam Sexing.

Hello there! I’m looking tu buy some modern game bantams. Any info about breeders?
Thank you

Some hatcheries have them, including ideal poultry I believe. However, those are very poor quality modern game bantams; too stocky and closer to old English games. You can look on the poultry show central online breeders directory to find breeders. Or you can visit poultry shows and meet breeders there. Good luck, I hope you find some!

Thank you!
Some hatcheries have them, including ideal poultry I believe. However, those are very poor quality modern game bantams; too stocky and closer to old English games. You can look on the poultry show central online breeders directory to find breeders. Or you can visit poultry shows and meet breeders there. Good luck, I hope you find some!
Just checked... no modern game, old English only!

At what age can you sex Mod Game Bantams? Mine are 6 weeks and both still look like girls. Could they both be girls or do they need more time?

Here are close ups of my 2:
IMG_4801 (2).JPG
IMG_4802.JPG
IMG_4811 (2).JPG
IMG_4807.JPG

I agree that they both look like pullets. I love their color, especially the blue one!
Thanks. They came from shipped eggs, so we're lucky to have any. Could I be so lucky as to get 2 females too?! I don't plan on breeding. We're just looking for a spoiled pet and my son fell in love with this breed a few years ago when he saw them at the state fair.

11.5 weeks old
2 females

Loving my Modern Game Bantams. They're sweet and slightly needy. (They're afraid to walk all the way to the coop from the tractor. Each night they begin the journey with the other bantams, but get scared and turn around and run back to me. They then get picked up & carried the rest of the way. LOL)

I need to come up with some good names for them. The black is calmer and likes to be held. The blue is loud and vocal, but also likes to be held.

Both hatched on July 4th

Any ideas for MGB names?

I got a little carried away with the photos.

IMG_5453 (2).jpg

IMG_5454 (2).jpg

IMG_5452 (2).jpg

IMG_5466 (2).jpg

IMG_5478 (2).jpg

IMG_5486 (2).jpg

IMG_5489 (2).jpg

IMG_5490 (2).jpg

IMG_5501 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom