Help Moving Coop

We have moved our’s with several people but it is a pre-fab from tractor supply. This may sound strange but why pigeon’s? We have them all over here in northern Ca and people are constantly putting up stuff to get them to move. The poop is horrible and ruins everything. We have them nesting outside our business and the fight to get them to leave is unreal.

That thing looks like it might be top heavy. I always get nervous moving heavy things that might tip over on uneven ground.

I think I'd use a pickup truck. Lift one end of the shed up so that the truck can be backed under it. Once well into the truck bed jack up the other end enough to get it off of the ground and block it. Secure well and roll.

We have moved our’s with several people but it is a pre-fab from tractor supply. This may sound strange but why pigeon’s? We have them all over here in northern Ca and people are constantly putting up stuff to get them to move. The poop is horrible and ruins everything. We have them nesting outside our business and the fight to get them to leave is unreal.
The inner city here was overrun with pigeons when I was growing up. Lots of tall 2 and 3 story brick buildings that would be lined with pigeons and all along the sidewalk would be covered with pigeon poop.
The Dept. of Conservation stocked the city with Peregrine Falcons. They nest on the skyscrapers. No more pigeons.

Last edited:
I've never used more than three, works fine for me :confused:
3 can work, but 4 is much more stable.
I've moved a few things using pipes, but always on a floor.

OP's scenario could be dicey business going up hill on rough ground,
unless they have lots of people to manage the shuffling and hold the weight,
I'd opt for lifting if possible.

Unless the ground is perfectly level and the skids are perfectly straight that won't work either. I moved a 6,000 pound lathe from my garage to my machine shop using that method on my somewhat level driveway. I could only move 6" then I had to check each pipe and reposition the ones that didn't have firm contact between the 2x6 and the machine as they would lag behind or twist out of parallel.

JT

Sounds like you need better neighbors/friends!!!

Back
Top Bottom