help. my baby silkie is walking funny!

thebbeus

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 16, 2014
Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me. I am really new to backyard chickens. My silkie is 6 days old. Today I noticed a more pronounced walk. She doesn't step too hard on her right leg but doesn't seem to complain about pain. She lifts her right leg and puts it on her bottom when she walks. The top part of her foot touches her bottom. How can I fix this? I am so attached to her.

It's the black silkie at about 28 seconds-30 seconds. She lifts her right leg and holds it behind her.

Yes,I had checked. I even ask my daughter with young eyes to look. Nothing. I held her up and massaged her hip some. I think her hip might be out of joint. She doesn't complain. She eats and drinks just fine so I should be happy. I just wish I knew how to fix that leg. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate someone taking the time to help me.

Oh I feel like I hardly spent any time at all. You could post your question on the "Silkie Thread" and they should be able to help you better.
It doesn't look like a injury to me and from what I saw she doesn't do that on every step.

Back
Top Bottom