HELP! MY BANTAM IS SICK!!!

~Update~
She's in a crate with a piece of pumpkin, a heat lamp, and her sister PJ right now. she has food (chick starter and oregano) and water (water, magnesium, and vitamin C) as well. She's doing a little better, her sister is for some reason tidbitting with the pumpkin for her even though she's a hen! 😆

I came back to add something for you that I forgot. After she's on Corid a couple of days, or even at the end, you should probably add some probiotics. Coccidiosis ravages their intestines and they need their natural balance back. They sell poultry probiotics, but if you can't find them, even a few tablespoons of plain no-sugar yogurt each day for a bit can soothe the irritation. For vitamins, I usually just give the baby liquid vitamins PolyViSol (without the iron only). They're so easy to put a few drops on any food she's eating. I'm currently giving them to my older molting birds in their special food to get them through this very difficult molt they seem to be enduring. It.'s a good thing to have on hand, just a tip for you.
I have an 11 year old Belgian D'Anver hen who calls her coopmates to eat when she finds something on the ground though they've all passed away now and she lives with a crippled Barred Rock hen who can't come enjoy them with her. I've had a few hens who consistently call others to treats. It's really sweet! I'm glad she's a bit more perky.

~Update~
She's in a crate with a piece of pumpkin, a heat lamp, and her sister PJ right now. she has food (chick starter and oregano) and water (water, magnesium, and vitamin C) as well. She's doing a little better, her sister is for some reason tidbitting with the pumpkin for her even though she's a hen! 😆
Are you going to treat with Corid? Amprollium or Corid is Coxoid or Amprol in some countries. There should not be anything added to the Corid water. Make sure that she is drinking the water. Earlier you said something about bathing her. I don’t recommend ever bathing a chicken that is weak, since the
at could actually kill them. I hope your pullet gets better soon.

~Update~
She's still walking slow, but scratches and pecks occasionally. I mixed some chick starter in with her water and her food is only chick starter. I read the ingredients. It has Corid in it. :thumbsup

Bathing a sick or dying chicken is extremely dangerous.

The feed doesn't have Corid in it. It has Amprolium in it. Corid is a medication that contains Amprolium at higher levels.

I would treat for Coccidiosis and worms.
X2. Medicated feed has such as small amount of amprollium in it, and is used as a prevention. Using Corid or amprollium liquid or powder in the water at the proper dosage is needed if the chicken has an active case of coccidiosis. I can give you the dosage if needed. As for bathing, it is okay for a heathy chicken if warm water is used inside, but it can kill a sick or weak chicken who may be dying.

Back
Top Bottom