HELP! MY BANTAM IS SICK!!!

Hi I had this happen to my one of mine and this is what I did and it worked. mix up the following, 1. large had full of oregano finely chopped, juice from an aloha leaf, and one table spoon Neem oil, mix well, thank add about 3 cups of water and mix well. change the water and add 1 table spoon to the fresh water and do this twice a day for at least 5 days. That is what I did and my Bantam Paddy is doing fine and back sitting on my shoulder. Good luck

Cliff
Thank you for such the good idea! She is 100% better now, but I will try that if it happens again. :D

Need more information. How old is she? Has she been laying? Have you added any other birds to the flock? What do you feed her? The poop looks kind of bloody so the first thing you'd think would be coccidiosis, but I've never had any adult hen with that as they are generally immune by the time they're about 12 weeks old. Need more information to even venture a real guess.
I agree, I would treat for coccidiosis first as well. My flock has not had it, but I do know some whose adult chickens have had it.

My Sebright/OEGB has been acting really slow today. She walks slow, clucks weaker than usual, and won't run up to me when I shake a bag of mealworms. I gave her an epsom salt bath for about ten minutes, because I heard that it could save a dying chicken.

Anything you say on this thread will be greatly appriciated. I don't want to lose her.
Here's what her poop looks like...
View attachment 3305992
She has bloody stool. Needs medication or water with purifying solution added. Chlorine dioxide.

Back
Top Bottom