Jun 9, 2017
Utah
My female Call duck is acting weird, she looks like she is panting but its cool outside. She was fine this morning and then this afternoon she is breathing weird, her nose is clear and I cant see or feel if anything is stuck in her throat. She drinks water but is sitting down all the time. She will get up and walk away if I press her.

*Update* Sadly she has passed away last night.

Last edited:
My female Call duck is acting weird, she looks like she is panting but its cool outside. She was fine this morning and then this afternoon she is breathing weird, her nose is clear and I cant see or feel if anything is stuck in her throat. She drinks water but is sitting down all the time. She will get up and walk away if I press her.

*Update* she is worse please anyone help!!!!!

How old is she? Did this just start today? Can you make a video and post it?

If she is an adult Call and you haven't dewormed her, I would get some liquid Safeguard (fenbendazole 10%) for Goats... and a 1mL/cc syringe... dose is 0.23mL/cc per pound for 5 consecutive days... draw up the proper amount in the syringe, hold her bill open and insert with it angled so the tip touches the inside of her throat on her right side... slide it down along that side as far as you can and depress plunger, that will get it past her trachea so she won't choke on it... if she shows improvement by day 2, then continue the full 5 days, as it is worm overload...

Last edited:
If she is an adult Call and you haven't dewormed her, I would get some liquid Safeguard (fenbendazole 10%) for Goats... and a 1mL/cc syringe... dose is 0.23mL/cc per pound for 5 consecutive days... draw up the proper amount in the syringe, hold her bill open and insert with it angled so the tip touches the inside of her throat on her right side... slide it down along that side as far as you can and depress plunger, that will get it past her trachea so she won't choke on it... if she shows improvement by day 2, then continue the full 5 days, as it is worm overload...

Thank you all for your help, sadly she just passed away..... I can't believe it happened so fast, she was fine in the morning and then in the afternoon she went down, when I shut her in the coop that night she seemed to be getting better, her breathing wasn't so labored and I had hope that she would get better, but this morning I found her. Now her mate Romeo is sad, maybe I should haved re thinked the names for these two......

Back
Top Bottom