Help my chicken can’t breathe!

VaraDees

Hatching
May 5, 2021
I frequent my coop constantly and I have NEVER had a sick hen but this afternoon I came down and saw my sweet girl gasping! She sounds like she cannot breathe and seems to “cough” every now and then. I have seen NO songs of this until just now!! What do I do ! I have already separated her.
684CA8BF-7D77-46D1-9A10-2CA9C0E9DB06.jpeg

I frequent my coop constantly and I have NEVER had a sick hen but this afternoon I came down and saw my sweet girl gasping! She sounds like she cannot breathe and seems to “cough” every now and then. I have seen NO songs of this until just now!! What do I do ! I have already separated her. View attachment 2651743
Is she egg bound Or has an egg broken inside of her? When my hen who has unfortunately passed had an egg broken in her, she was limping and would pant and gasp

:love Your chicken may not be feeling well, but in the picture it looks like you are the one in pain. I don't have any good advice for you or your chicken, but I'm sending some love your way for the both of you just the same. I'll be reading the thread for updates. Hope things turn for the better. Best wishes. :love

Oh yeah, :welcome , welcome to the BYC forums where we all share our highs and lows in caring for our backyard flocks.

Back
Top Bottom