help my chicken is acting weird!

asuchicken

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 17, 2011
I have six hens. 2 RIR at 1.5 years old, 2 buff orps at 4 months old, and two black austrolorps at 4 moths. I let everybody free range out in my yard because I just made a new gate to get in and out and for the chickens to free range before bed. Everyone went into the coop and roosted, except one austrolorp. She is was lying in the corner with her neck twisted and looking up. I noticed grass hanging out of her mouth so I thought maybe she was choking so I pulled the grass out, but it was only a short piece. She was walking around like she was confused and isn't balancing well.

Can anyone help me?

I had a rooster who had become infested with mites. Because of them he became anemic and also acted in that confused unbalanced way (sad story is he died about 5 days later). Does she have any mites on her at all or any other sign that she might have something like anemia?

Mites, that's a good possibility! Also, have you sprayed anything on your lawn or plants? Or maybe. A crop duster spraying a field close by? Have they gotten into any rotting fruits? Like apples?

Back
Top Bottom