1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

HELP My Chicken is pooping undigested grass and grains with soooo much water. Her crop is not emptyi

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lisanhunter, Nov 18, 2015.

1. lisanhunter

lisanhunter In the Brooder

Aug 24, 2015
    So I noticed on Friday that my chickens crop was very full. Saturday morning before she ate anything I checked her crop it was soooo big so I brought her in the house and gave her water only thinking that she had eaten a lot of grass and to help brake it up. Within two days I got it to go from about a tennis ball to about a golf ball. I started feeding her soft food wet chicken food, cucumbers, yogurt, and chicken food mass. I have given her olive oil with bread. Everything. So I took her to the vet Monday. The vet said she thought she just had some grass in there that she needs to work out. Her poop changes from mostly water/all water to lots bits of undigested food to full diarrhea. I have called the vet they don't know anything and they are not helpful! Should I give her a stool softener? She is acting fine but has been in the house since Saturday. She hates it. I ordered a chicken bra that is not here yet. I massage her crop give her electrolytes and probiotics as well as apple cider vinegar. Also, it is cold outside like cold and now I don't know how to transition her to the cold after being in the house for so long! Please Help Help Help Help!

2. Cryssie

Cryssie In the Brooder

May 31, 2015
    Western Australia
    Thats not good. I have no idea what it could be. I can only suggest that you get busy on google.
    I wish you the best. Keep us updated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by