Good catch. I agree about the Corid being first priority. I have used it with watery and also bloody stools. It can't hurt if that isn't the problem and coccidiosis might be affecting nutrient absorption. Look into the vitamin E but not before the Corid.
Okay do you think medicated chick feed would work. It's something I already have a little of.

Okay do you think medicated chick feed would work. It's something I already have a little of.
It has the same active ingredient, but the concentration probably isn't high enough. I would start calling the local farm/feed stores to find Corid. The medicated feed is more of a preventative measure. You can find dosage for liquid and powdered forms on this site.

I'm afraid Corid isn't going to save this bird but it may help to save others. This bird needs good nutrition and fast.

Have you tried wetting a little bit of the chick feed to make it into an oatmeal like consistency to see if she will eat that on her own?

Do you have any poultry vitamins or can you get Nutri-Drench?

It has the same active ingredient, but the concentration probably isn't high enough. I would start calling the local farm/feed stores to find Corid. The medicated feed is more of a preventative measure. You can find dosage for liquid and powdered forms on this site.
Okay, to be honest I don't think it's coccidiosis since I have been feeding her medicated feed for months already.. Also just a note that I have been feeding her layer feed since she was about a week old. Do you think that caused her to be weak

I'm afraid Corid isn't going to save this bird but it may help to save others. This bird needs good nutrition and fast.

Have you tried wetting a little bit of the chick feed to make it into an oatmeal like consistency to see if she will eat that on her own?

Do you have any poultry vitamins or can you get Nutri-Drench?
I have tried wetting the feed a little but not wet enough for it to be like an oatmeal constistency. I currently don't have any poultry vitamins. It also seems pretty weird that before, this chicken eats alot but never gains weight and her comb and wattle is still like a one month old's.

I have tried wetting the feed a little but not wet enough for it to be like an oatmeal constistency. I currently don't have any poultry vitamins. It also seems pretty weird that before, this chicken eats alot but never gains weight and her comb and wattle is still like a one month old's.
IF this bird has been suffering from coccidiosis then it hasn't been absorbing proper nutrition which can cause all kinds of problems including death.

Okay, to be honest I don't think it's coccidiosis since I have been feeding her medicated feed for months already.. Also just a note that I have been feeding her layer feed since she was about a week old. Do you think that caused her to be weak
Not 100% sure, but I know the extra calcium isn't good for roosters or birds that aren't yet laying. I think it is hard on their kidneys. I've used an all flock formulation if I have birds that don't lay and supplement with free choice oyster shell for my layers.

Please read this:
https://extension.psu.edu/avian-coc...nfection causes,and mortality in severe cases.

Screenshot_20210402-221301.png

Okay, to be honest, I don't know if she will hang on until tomorrow since today her condition was worse than yesterday's. But if she hangs on I'll try my best to get the Corid although it'll be quite hard since tractor supply is many miles away from where I live and I'm not sure if my parents are willing to drive me there. I'll give you updates about her condition tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom