Help...my chicken laid weird eggs today!

Thank you for the article and advice. I will read it and watch the video now! I guess my bird is laying eggs while molting so it's taking a toll on her. The egg laying has slowed though. I will be careful what I feed her. Is spinach for dinner okay?
It's still a treat.. fun enrichment and good other nutrients but very little protein. Layer feed has more protein than spinach

Maybe a little tuna, ground beef, canned mackerel, etc. Even a boiled/smashed or scrambled egg.. beware of fat content.

She *might* be getting too much light (being indoors) causing her to release extra follicles.

It's still a treat.. fun enrichment and good other nutrients but very little protein. Layer feed has more protein than spinach

Maybe a little tuna, ground beef, canned mackerel, etc. Even a boiled/smashed or scrambled egg.. beware of fat content.

She *might* be getting too much light (being indoors) causing her to release extra follicles.
Okay, good to know. I do scramble her eggs and feed them back to her. She loves them! How about nuts? She seems to like walnuts and almonds.
I put her to sleep at 8:00pm every night and she sleeps in my bathroom in the dark until about 8:00am. (I do go in there to change her paper towel at about 5am) Is this okay or should I put her to sleep earlier?

The scramble eggs is fine, no nuts, there's too much fat accumulation associate with it. Only high protein feed with small amount of leafy greens and the scramble egg is enough. You need to limit the treats to very minimal amount while she's molting.

Your time schedule for her is fine.

The scramble eggs is fine, no nuts, there's too much fat accumulation associate with it. Only high protein feed with small amount of leafy greens and the scramble egg is enough. You need to limit the treats to very minimal amount while she's molting.

Your time schedule for her is fine.
Okay, thanks. Is the nut thing only for when she is molting...or you wouldn't ever feed chickens nuts? (Sorry, I am new to chickens and mostly have had parrots and doves) Also, how often would you feed the scrambled egg?

Chickens are prone to fat build up, so it's important to give food items with zero to very minimal fat content on a regular basis.

Fat is stored around there organs then gets accumulated around the inner body cavity. This causes zero space for organs to shift including egg development. Long term effects of this causes the chickens to slow down and become aggressive from discomfort and shortens there lifespan.

Doing some food research analysis to help you understand the base fat content in food treats can help you make better decisions.

Chickens are prone to fat build up, so it's important to give food items with zero to very minimal fat content on a regular basis.

Fat is stored around there organs then gets accumulated around the inner body cavity. This causes zero space for organs to shift including egg development. Long term effects of this causes the chickens to slow down and become aggressive from discomfort and shortens there lifespan.

Doing some food research analysis to help you understand the base fat content in food treats can help you make better decisions.
Okay, I understand. Thanks again for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom