Help!! My chicken swallowed a 2 foot rope!!

this reminds me of when my roo tried to swallow my nerf dart when i played outside when it touched the floor he ran and tried to swallow it i always had to pull it out. I wouldve recomended keeping hold of the string and make her swallow some olive oil then easily pull it out
hu.gif

The reason for using mineral oil versus corn oil or olive oil is that it is not digestible. You don't want an oil that gets digested. You want one that will coat the entire digestive tract and all the way out. Just like we use furball medications for cats with petrolatum to make the hair slide out better and relieve constipation, it is not digestible.

Sorry about the "Just Answer" lead not being free. I thought it was when I used it before.

How's she doing?

My chicken swallowed a nylon rope. I pulled as hard as I could,same problem.
I took the advise of the vegetable oil because that's all I had. Almost was going to cut the rope until I found this thread. 10 min later rope still stuck but I true pulling from different angles and all of a sudden it made a small popping sound and out it came :)
My hen seems to be doing a lot better now. She's a bit shaken but I'm positive she will be ok. Thanks all.
Try different angles was the key for my hen.

Back
Top Bottom