Help My Chickens Stomach is bloated!

Sofiechicken

Hatching
Mar 31, 2023
My chicken is suffering from lower adomal bloating. Her whole lower abdomin is severely bloated, and feels like a balloon full of air. She is normaly a relatively skinny chicken but now wattles when she walks. Other then the bloating she seems pretty normal and doesn't seem to have other issues. She seems a little less likely to move around but, I think that is just because all the bloating must be uncomfortable.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :welcome

How old and what breed is she?
When was her last egg that you know of?
How long has she been like this?

Hello and welcome to BYC! :welcome

How old and what breed is she?
When was her last egg that you know of?
How long has she been like this?
She is what we think is a Americana(she doesn’t quite look like one but that is what she was said to be when we go her).
She’s about 2 years old. I would say it had been happening for a few days. A month or so ago I think she was also bloated and we left it and eventually she went back to normal. But this time I think there is more bloating then last time and she seems to be breathing hard because of it. I have done some research but nothing seems to have just bloating as a symptom.

She is what we think is a Americana(she doesn’t quite look like one but that is what she was said to be when we go her).
Do you mind getting a picture of her? With the abdomen in the photo.
A month or so ago I think she was also bloated and we left it and eventually she went back to normal.
How long did it take to go back to normal?
But this time I think there is more bloating then last time and she seems to be breathing hard because of it.
Yes, she's breathing hard because of the bloating.
I have done some research but nothing seems to have just bloating as a symptom.
I'd do some research on reproduction issues such as egg yolk peritonitis and salpingitis, cause that's what could be going on.
She isn't egg bound correct?

Do you mind getting a picture of her? With the abdomen in the photo.

How long did it take to go back to normal?

Yes, she's breathing hard because of the bloating.

I'd do some research on reproduction issues such as egg yolk peritonitis and salpingitis, cause that's what could be going on.
She isn't egg bound correct?
Scratch what I said about the Breed she’s a Rhode Island Red I have to many chicken. I think it took around a week to go back to normal last time. 90 percent sure she isn’t egg bound there is nothing hard just a lot of air.

Scratch what I said about the Breed she’s a Rhode Island Red I have to many chicken. I think it took around a week to go back to normal last time. 90 percent sure she isn’t egg bound there is nothing hard just a lot of air.
I will get a picture tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom