HELP! my dog ripped some of my chicken's skin off!

If the skin and fat have been ripped off, and the muscle is exposed, I would get some Hibiclens or chlorhexidene and water and clean the wound. Plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment is very good to keep the wound from dripying out, and use it twice a day. If there is no infection, (pus or a bad odor,) you can just clean with salineafter a couple of days and use the ointment. Leave open. Keep her inside a dog crate in the coop with the others on a clean towel.

If the skin and fat have been ripped off, and the muscle is exposed, I would get some Hibiclens or chlorhexidene and water and clean the wound. Plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment is very good to keep the wound from dripying out, and use it twice a day. If there is no infection, (pus or a bad odor,) you can just clean with salineafter a couple of days and use the ointment. Leave open. Keep her inside a dog crate in the coop with the others on a clean towel.
okay, thank you i put vasalean on it already

:welcome:woot:woot:celebrate:yesss:Hello and welcome to BYC, You found an Awesome poultry Forum to be a part of with many great knowledgeable members who are more then willing to jump in and help you with any questions you may have. :)

Sorry to hear you have a hurt chicken, hope she recovers soon. :) How did your dog get ahold of your chicken in the first place? Even though dogs are pets, they are still a predator and love chicken. Best of luck.

also, i don't know if this helps anything but it's on her thi
:welcome:woot:woot:celebrate:yesss:Hello and welcome to BYC, You found an Awesome poultry Forum to be a part of with many great knowledgeable members who are more then willing to jump in and help you with any questions you may have. :)

Sorry to hear you have a hurt chicken, hope she recovers soon. :) How did your dog get ahold of your chicken in the first place? Even though dogs are pets, they are still a predator and love chicken. Best of luck.
thank you! my chicken got out of her pen and the dog was out and then.....

also, i don't know if this helps anything but it's on her thi

thank you! my chicken got out of her pen and the dog was out and then.....
ok Sorry to hear that and hope your chicken recovers soon. It's unfortunate, our trusting loyal pets that have never hurt anyone and or thing, all can change for the worst in a split second. Best of luck and please keep us posted on her recovery. :)

Back
Top Bottom