Help my dog was hit by a car!!

She is a beauty!
I have a dog that was hit by a car before she came to live with me. She had a broken leg that was never set. She gets around great.....She use to bring home rabbits and snakes....she is old now, but came cover alot to ground.
Your girl will do fine. I am glad she is on the mend.

Your dog will be just fine! My choc was also hit by a car-actually ran over by a trailer being pulled behind a car and she was within days of giving birth. She made it just fine. Although, we went through a rough time with her. It killed all of her litter but two and one died after it was born. She had to be spayed and infection set up but she was back up and going in no time. They are tough dogs and I will be praying that your Katie will be okay.Hang in there! She is a beauty!

Just wanted to give anyone who cared an update. We had to take Katie back into the vet today. Thank goodness the vet must like us he only charged for her meds. She has infection in her bone. So they have switched her to a stronger antibiotic. She is still in good spirit and we caught the infection before it got too bad. She had been doing sooo well. All the swelling had started to go down and she was moving around quite well but then this morning she would not get up and she was running a fever. We called the vet right away and they let us bring her in. Katie is a trooper!! Hopefully everything will get better from here!!

just caught this post glad to see she is doing well. it sux to have no extra money and have a dog that needs a vet! been there done that. (repeatedly)
best of luck,
mb

Oh your girl is absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to get her vet care! Bone infections can be serious, I'm glad you caught it!

My GSP broke her toe chasing squirrels around the yard last Christmas. She had to wear a hard plastic splint for 6 weeks which was difficult on her AND us. The vet had advised us to not take her for walks, at which we just laughed. Ever try to keep a GSP inactive? You might as well try to keep the ocean from moving.

We called her "clompy" because of the sound of the splint on the wood floors. Most comical.

Your Katie is a beautiful dog. I am glad you took her to the vet. She may not be with you today if you hadn't. My prayers are with you and her for a speedy recovery. She looks like a real sweetheart.

Quote:
Same here. This week. Not so serious as being hit by a car, but two of our three got in a fight, which they've never done in 6 years of living together. The lab/dobie cross bit the Aussie on the face and opened it right up. A nasty three inch gash that the vet had to staple shut. Now poor Jack is wearing a cone and on antibiotics. Luckily I used to work with this vet and he will let me pay it off when I get paid next week.

Glad Katie is doing better! Keep up the good work taking care of her.

give your dog some baby aspirin, or benedryl for the swelling, you can crush the aspirin and put the powder in the dogs mouth take a eye dropper and put water in it so you can squirt in the mouth and put the mouth back so that it goes down smoothly. you can also get peroxide and clean the wound where the puss is coming out, also put like vaseline so that it stays moist and wont bleed. same thing as neoporin. but the jelly is thicker in petroleum jelly.

Back
Top Bottom