Help! My duck has an injured foot!

Jennn27

Songster
Mar 9, 2015
Marshall, TX

I think my duck was grabbed by a fish or turtle. Part of her webbing was ripped! She is inside right now in a dog kennel. It doesn't look infected, but she can hardly walk.

That really isn't an option. There are no poultry vets in my area. I have some Blue Kote and betadine. I can treat the foot with that.

She will never be food. She is a pet. I've never heard that, though. I have used betadine on my chickens. Is that something I need to be concerned about? Thank you!

We just had a mishap with our pet duck breaking it's toes. ALL of them. It could eat and drink, but couldn't even hold itself up. :'( We took a piece of plastic, traced it's foot and used medical tape to tape to it's foot so it could heal properly. Our local wildlife rehab center told us to keep it like this for 2-3 weeks and no swimming in the meantime. It's so sad to watch, but it's been 9 days and it is now holding itself up well, walking and trying to fly back down to the lake! :) Good luck!!

We just had a mishap with our pet duck breaking it's toes. ALL of them. It could eat and drink, but couldn't even hold itself up. :'( We took a piece of plastic, traced it's foot and used medical tape to tape to it's foot so it could heal properly. Our local wildlife rehab center told us to keep it like this for 2-3 weeks and no swimming in the meantime. It's so sad to watch, but it's been 9 days and it is now holding itself up well, walking and trying to fly back down to the lake! :) Good luck!!
Great news about your duck.

Welcome to BYC @SamNBrynn

Back
Top Bottom