Help!! My ducks dieing!! :( Update... It's dead or very close to it

LindseyM12

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2009
North Carolina
Well I have a egg in the bator and it was due on the 13 and it didn't hatch so I candled it and it wasn't moving so I opened it up from the top and broke a little place in the air cell and its alive!!
th.gif
hit.gif
What do I do?!?! Its bleeding and I think it might be dieing!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
HELP!!

Last edited:
I would put the egg back in the bator. The duckling needs to absorb the yoke. I am sure someone will get on and tell you what you need to do. Good Luck
fl.gif

They are all balled up in their egg...the yolk is attached under it's bum, but if he's folded in half then his bum could be by his head! Keep the egg in the bator and try to keep the humidity up so he wont get shrink wrapped...there is still hope...

UPDATE! I found it's bill and and I VERY gently pulled it out so the poor thing could breathe and got part of it's body out and I think this egg was a double yolker.... You can see its 2 different yolks by that little bit of red/pink stuff... I might try to get a picture of it separated if its even possible... I feel so bad about the poor baby..
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
Heres a pic.... If you dont like gross stuff then i suggest you dont look...
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

30245_100_8442.jpg

Last edited:
How's your baby doing - you have fought so hard to help it along - hope it survives thanks to your valiant efforts!

Suzie

Back
Top Bottom