Help my girl has something going on with her eye

Crazy chicken momma 67

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2023
I’m not sure what is wrong with my girl. She has a large knot above her eye that is very hard. I stuck a needle in it to see if anything came out but nothing did. Her eye is a mess. She acts normal eating laying eggs and just being her awnery self. I have been giving her worm medicine twice a day and tried to see if anything came out of white pouch in her eye …. Only blood. What could it be? No sneezing or any respiratory problems at all. Not sure how to add a pic here

Can you please post pictures of her eye? At the bottom of your post, you should see an attached files. Click that button and find your files and click them . If you reply to this message, the attach files button will be there.

Thank you I didn’t realize I could do that first one is the day I found it the second one was the next day and I can get one in a little while and post that as well. It’s just not going away.

Attachments

• IMG_7084.jpeg
    IMG_7084.jpeg
    577.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7109.jpeg
    IMG_7109.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 10
How long has that been there? Has she had any sneezing, contesting, or nasal drainage that could be a sign of a sinus infection/respiratory disease? That would be the most common thing to cause this, but a peck or something getting into her eyelids causing infection might be possible. A last possibility we have more rarely seen is a tumor. Have you tried to push out any pus from around the eye? Do you have any antibiotics, such as Tylosin, Denagard, doxycycline, or oxytetracycline? Would it be possible to see a vet?

For some reason that almost looks more like a tumor. Is the white material showing the consistency of solid pus? Is there a bad odor? Here is a very graphic video or pus remove from a chicken’s eye that has coryza:

How long has that been there? Has she had any sneezing, contesting, or nasal drainage that could be a sign of a sinus infection/respiratory disease? That would be the most common thing to cause this, but a peck or something getting into her eyelids causing infection might be possible. A last possibility we have more rarely seen is a tumor. Have you tried to push out any pus from around the eye? Do you have any antibiotics, such as Tylosin, Denagard, doxycycline, or oxytetracycline? Would it be possible to see a vet?
No other symptoms she acts normal

Back
Top Bottom