help, my girl is sick!

LindsayB

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2008
Cypress, Texas
I just got home from work and my white EE hen wouldnt come out of the coop. she was laying on the floor and clucking. I picked her up and looked her over. All I really see wrong with her is her left eye wont open all the way, but it looks fine. She seems really weak and appears to have some kind of neurological problem. She staggers when she walks and hangs her head to side. She ate alittle feed out of my hand and drank some water. What is going on with her!?? I dont want to loose her!

I just went out and tried to give her some vanilla yogurt and she wouldnt touch it. now she wont even get up. I dont understand, she was fine yesterday.....

Don't really know what to tell you, other than I would get her inside near a heatlamp - that never hurts when they're ill. Can you get her to take a little electrolyte solution? Couldn't hurt either.
Good luck to you. There's a homemade solution you can use if you don't have any "store-bought" one available. I just gave it ut on another post.

Last edited:
Could she have been injured some how or sustained a head injury? Head injuries are not all that uncommon in birds after flying into something. Any chance she got into something poisonous?

I'd keep her warm and hydrated and see if she improves overnight. It is up to you for how long you want to try.

Back
Top Bottom