HELP! My goat gave birth! REALLY BAD NEWS Post#77 Need Answers

They are sooo cute!!! Standing at 7 inches each....that'll fit in a school bag! haha Show and tell perhaps
smile.png
AT least you didn't have the anxiety of waiting for them. What did you name them? Wow a 7 month old mom...sometimes mother nature is amazing! Good luck and thanks for sharing your story
Valerie

Unless youre either planning on milking the your goat and using the milk yourself, or you just WANT to bottle feed those kids, you should enclose them in a SMALL pen ( 4 X 4) for a couple of days so they can nurse whenever they want, and so they will bond to their mother.

If you intend to bottle feed, you'lll need to start with 4-5 times a day for the first few weeks, and you'll be doing it for at least a couple of months.

If you DON'T want to do that, you need to get them back with their mom fulltime ASAP.

The girl is still a little slower then her brother but she's still improving. He's a little firecracker. He's been pawing at the hay and even bouncing around already. I'd name him Firecracker but we already had a guinea pig with that name thanks to my 5 year old(Firecracker and Nutcracker.) As far as naming them, I think we'll just wait and see how things turn out with their personalities. With the age of mama goat I was going to wait until next year to breed year and then sell the babies. Now that we've gone through all of this I can't imagine those babies living anywhere else. It's amazing how fast I've become attached to them. I'll be getting up every couple of hours to go check on them and make sure everything is okay.

Back
Top Bottom