HELP! my hen is acting very lame and weak

SilkySilkie

Songster
Aug 7, 2021
Vic,Australia
when i was opening the flock in the morning i found my hen laying on her side so as i opened the door everyone rushed out with lots of flying and then i saw my hen had her head stuck under her body so i quickly went to see what happened offered her some food and water she refused to eat or drink i then placed her down she wasnt standing up and sat down i gave her some greens she took it along with some grains she only ate the wheat grains i stayed with her for 30 minutes to see what she does and she did nothing just laid around only stood up to poop and sat down in the same spot she would only eat out of hands or a bowl not a feeder or from the ground in the afternoon i went and gave some food she drank water and at night she didnt go inside the coop and stayed outside i put her in a open wooden box on the ground of the coop today when i went to open them they were all out and she was thankfully alive and standing in the day she was ok not moving when the other chickens would step on her she isnt picked on shes the dominant female so only the chicks stepped on her but i cant keep her anywhere else its too hot to keep her in the garage and she still cant walk and when she does shes unbalanced her tail goes crazy and she has droopy wings please help she hasnt laid since friday shes a isa brown

she was doing great but today was really hot and now shes worse than she was was before she doesnt eat but drinks water i brought her in the house and currently have the AC on

Back
Top Bottom