Help my red shoulder yokahama is not walking anymore.

Hi it's me again just to inform that he seems to be doing better each day. He tries to walk baby steps. So we are advancing. He is still eating more and more. I wanted to show you this picture where he is getting redder that's a good sign right I started giving him the human vitamin b also. His leg is still hard can I give him massage to see if it gets softer or just let him do his baby steps therapy so he can heal himself? Thanks again
Does he still have bruising?
Looks like his face/around his right eye has been injured a little as well. Was he fighting with an older rooster by chance when this happened?

Work on getting him to eat, try giving him soaked feed, see if he likes that better. Bits of egg, tuna, sardines or even a little beef (liver or hamburger) can be sprinkled over the food to entice him.

Not sure what you mean about his leg being hard, I may have missed it or misunderstand - is it hard at the joint or near the body where the bruising is?

He looks emaciated. Not that its your fault, for what ever reason he is seemingly very skinny.
Hi yeah I know he is still light in weight but we give him 20% chick starter. His left leg got like a little bit of bruising but doesn't have the bruise anymore. But on the upper thigh it's hard not soft.

Is he eating and drinking? Is he moving better? Does he seem to like his legs massaged or rubbed, or does that bother him?
Hi eggcessive thanks for answering. He is eating more and more. He is taking baby steps. When we massage his left leg he seems ok with it but it's still hard on like the thigh leg part not soft like the right one. He loves the human b vitamin. To us he seems to get better with this progress. Did you notice like the red specks on his pale face? We think that he wants to turn red like the other yokohamas? Not sure.

Does he still have bruising?
Looks like his face/around his right eye has been injured a little as well. Was he fighting with an older rooster by chance when this happened?

Work on getting him to eat, try giving him soaked feed, see if he likes that better. Bits of egg, tuna, sardines or even a little beef (liver or hamburger) can be sprinkled over the food to entice him.

Not sure what you mean about his leg being hard, I may have missed it or misunderstand - is it hard at the joint or near the body where the bruising is?
Hi wyrop I appreciate that you answer too. The bruising seems to be gone. He hasn't fought with an older rooster because when we take him out he is in his sling and we watch him carefully. We will give him more of the food you said thanks for that. His left leg is like hard like on the thigh leg part. He loves the human vitamin b. For us he seems to be progressing little by little but what do you guys think? He eats and drinks. He does baby steps. He seems happier.

Sound like he's slowly improving. You're doing a good job taking care of him.

If he doesn't seem bothered by you lightly massaging the leg, then try that for a few days and see how it goes - you never know until you try.

Keep us posted on how he's getting along. Updated photos are always welcome too.

Sound like he's slowly improving. You're doing a good job taking care of him.

If he doesn't seem bothered by you lightly massaging the leg, then try that for a few days and see how it goes - you never know until you try.

Keep us posted on how he's getting along. Updated photos are always welcome too.
Thank you so much I will do that. I really appreciate it.

Hi I need help on this little guy he is one of my silverduckwing yokahama as you can see on the picture he has a red bump or red blister. Is there anything I can put on it? If we like press it water will come out. It seems it doesn't bother him. But would like to know if it's something I should worry about and that I can put something on him to make it go away. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 20230910_130310.jpg
    20230910_130310.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi I need help on this little guy he is one of my silverduckwing yokahama as you can see on the picture he has a red bump or red blister. Is there anything I can put on it? If we like press it water will come out. It seems it doesn't bother him. But would like to know if it's something I should worry about and that I can put something on him to make it go away. Thank you in advance
Where does the water come from when you press on the bump - from the eye or the blister itself?

Has he been sick with some respiratory symptoms lately or has he been around any other sick birds?

Back
Top Bottom