Help my rooster wont stop attacking me and wont back down

Should I get rid of him and start with a new rooster / male chick next year ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
By "lead hens" I am speaking of hens of any breed that are high in the pecking order.
Basically the bosses of the other girls.

Oh yes I do have a hen what is the boss.

Sorry, I was referring to RoostersAre Awsome' post about her boy. I also like roosters, but only the polite ones! And I don't have space for a rooster only pen, so my boys have to get along with people, hens, and each other. Mary

Very true

Personally I view an attacking rooster the same as I view a pet dog that bites the owner.

If the dog bites me for simply being in the yard because he saw a chance to bite he gets deemed aggressive and must go.
Same for a rooster that attacks.

I feel zero need to hug on a dog that bites or a rooster that attacks.

Likely he won't be trainable, but I also wouldn't keep any of his sons, that human aggressiveness is inherited and likely his sons will have the same issues.

Also, don't give him away, that's just giving your problem to someone else. He's your responsibility to deal with. Either kill him yourself or only give him to someone that knows he's mean and is intending on eating him.

Will buy new eggs if his ends up being killed.

If by "nice" you mean cuddly, no he is not. He is wary of me, which makes him harder to catch, but he's not aggressive at all. I moved him out of my hen flock partly because the hen coop is filled to its limit, and partly because he didn't have enough hens with him and was tearing out feathers.

Okay

When my rooster started to think he was big and bad, I brought out a pool noodle, and when he attacked me I would just wack him a few times (doesnt cause any physical trauma). Nowhe never attacks me or anyone. I don’t know if this would work with yours, but it did with mine!

I did try a stick, oh I have one of though pool noodle.

I would keep him and train him.

If I can train him that would be nice.

Personally I view an attacking rooster the same as I view a pet dog that bites the owner.

If the dog bites me for simply being in the yard because he saw a chance to bite he gets deemed aggressive and must go.
Same for a rooster that attacks.

I feel zero need to hug on a dog that bites or a rooster that attacks.

yes that makes sense.

Well I've now talk to my mom about him and my mom have said that my brother chased him yesterday, when his attacked.

She says that she will not give him away and will not kill him and just wont to see what happens next. My mum has been attacked yet.

Back
Top Bottom