Help my rooster!!!!!

Yes, it works in a pinch.. maybe offer some straight and still plain water on the side.

Did you get a chance to check his crop condition at the end of the evening and in the morning before he eats and drinks again?

Yes, I was also thinking this is a possibility as well due to being a new property.

Still having an apatite is what leans me towards... possibly marek's. Just recently switching form starter... *shouldn't* equal vitamin deficiency now...

Since I have suggested supplementing... please do NOT supplement vitamins WHILE treating with Corid... if you try that route as they negate each other.
I agree, Marek's is a good possibility.
Since this is bird is a several months old, he may still have a bit of appetite with an overload (unlike a few weeks old chick). I would think he likely has some resistance to at least one strain of Coccidia, so resistance may be helping him out if there's another strain at work here - just one of my crazy thoughts/speculations (LOL)

I would give the vitamins/electrolytes until Corid is started.
No, just a few days of switching feed wouldn't have caused deficiency, but birds are very good at hiding symptoms - so it could have been going on for a while unless it is sudden onset Marek's.

There are many possibilities. A vet visit may be an option for you.
Veterinarians are expensive; another option is to try antibiotics for digestive infections.
I'm sure other BYC members will have other ideas for you.
Good luck.
Vet is not an option right now our dog got sick teo weeks ago and required alot of meds. took all our vet money

I agree, Marek's is a good possibility.
Since this is bird is a several months old, he may still have a bit of appetite with an overload (unlike a few weeks old chick). I would think he likely has some resistance to at least one strain of Coccidia, so resistance may be helping him out if there's another strain at work here - just one of my crazy thoughts/speculations (LOL)

I would give the vitamins/electrolytes until Corid is started.
No, just a few days of switching feed wouldn't have caused deficiency, but birds are very good at hiding symptoms - so it could have been going on for a while unless it is sudden onset Marek's.
We are giving him spoiled goat milk and sour cream and put Gatorade in the water
He seems a bit more perky today poop is the same except it smells fermented he is in with the hen. is it safe to put corid in the water with the hen in there?

Well, if you want to get an idea about what is wrong, you can use the chicken symptom checker tool - http://www.poultrydvm.com/views/symptoms.php, but I suggest you take him to see a vet who sees chickens. Here is a directory - http://www.poultrydvm.com/poultry-vets.php
Sorry, some of the info on that site can be useful, but the symptom checker is a joke.
You must have a vested interest in the site since every single one of your posts recommends it - you do know that Poultry DVM is not run by a Veterinarian correct? While some info is good, it's a compilation of info from around the world by an individual or group of individuals.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kellyrutz/

Back
Top Bottom