Help, my Rosters eye is swollen and bleeding

chickchicklife

Chirping
Mar 18, 2021
Just yesterday my 2 Roosters got into a fight which isn't unusual but one of them I think either scratched or poked his eye out, I'm guessing he scratched his eye with his nails, yesterday it was closed and bleeding but today it stopped bleeding but it is swollen, any advice? @Chickens

I wi
Treat it as you would any wound. It needs daily ample flushing with a saline solution, followed by antibiotic ointment in the eye twice a day.

Photos would help us to give you further advice.
l will try to upload some pictures on here

Eye injuries swelling, and sometimes it takes a week or more to see if the eye is intact or blinded. Try to open the eye and look to see if the eyeball was pierced. Terramycin eye ointment from the feed store, or even plain Neosporin ointment can be applied twice a day while healing. If there is drainage or pus, flush with saline or eye wash from your pharmacy. Homemade saline can be made with 1 tsp of table salt into 16 ounces or 2 cups of water, boiledfor a few minutes, cooled and stored in a clean container. Most feed stores sell Vetericyn eye wash or eye gel, or another brand.

Eye injuries swelling, and sometimes it takes a week or more to see if the eye is intact or blinded. Try to open the eye and look to see if the eyeball was pierced. Terramycin eye ointment from the feed store, or even plain Neosporin ointment can be applied twice a day while healing. If there is drainage or pus, flush with saline or eye wash from your pharmacy. Homemade saline can be made with 1 tsp of table salt into 16 ounces or 2 cups of water, boiledfor a few minutes, cooled and stored in a clean container. Most feed stores sell Vetericyn eye wash or eye gel, or another brand.
I have tried opening his eye but as of now I am not able to because he moves a lot and it's most likely because of the pain, I did manage to get a little look into it and his eye looks black/dark brown, his regular eye color is yellowish orange

it seems as if only the eyelid is swollen and not the eye, the eye just looks black/dark brown his regular eye color is yellow with orange

My rooster had his eyeball ruptured and is half blind, but we rinsed it every day with vetricin eye rinse. We also put a vitamin mix in his water and he healed up fine. The ruptured eye is still in his eye socket and it is light sensitive, so maybe he can see? Either way he should be ok

Back
Top Bottom