Help! My wife is mad at me for feeding the chickens pizza!

Would you feed your chickens pizza?

• Never

Votes: 162 39.9%
  • A little bit at a time, but very infrequently

Votes: 112 27.6%
  • A little bit at a time, whenever we have it

Votes: 100 24.6%
  • All the pizza all the time

Votes: 32 7.9%

• Total voters
and Chocolate, while you may never waste it, .. agreed, WHO would waste Chocolate!! But you might want to give them some as a treat or snack, which could be bad for them.

Aaron

and Chocolate, while you may never waste it, .. agreed, WHO would waste Chocolate!! But you might want to give them some as a treat or snack, which could be bad for them.

Aaron
I have to say, the other day I threw a few chocolates in the trash. They were from a sampler and had that nasty pink cream in the middle.

It was notable as it was probably the first time I threw away chocolate, and the first time I have thrown ANY food waste in the garbage in close to a year (the amount of time I have been WFH).

Yah, that can be a dilemma too. What goes into the compost heap, and what goes into the chickens, then..into the compost heap. Although they have no problem playing feathered trash panda themselves, I try to keep them OUT of the compost. While I am sure they dig up and eat all kinds of unspeakable stuff as it is, I don't need to be intentionally feeding them rotting food.

Aaron

Yah, that can be a dilemma too. What goes into the compost heap, and what goes into the chickens, then..into the compost heap. Although they have no problem playing feathered trash panda themselves, I try to keep them OUT of the compost. While I am sure they dig up and eat all kinds of unspeakable stuff as it is, I don't need to be intentionally feeding them rotting food.

Aaron
They are not going to eat compost from edible food that is likely to hurt them. WE learn what is edible from watching animals. And they should have a sufficent amount of quality feed in the coop that some compost bonus or in this thread a once a year pizza shouldn't hurt them or even make a darn.

They are not going to eat compost from edible food that is likely to hurt them. WE learn what is edible from watching animals. And they should have a sufficent amount of quality feed in the coop that some compost bonus or in this thread a once a year pizza shouldn't hurt them or even make a darn.
So then.... Does your chicken taste like pepperoni, or your pizza taste like chicken! :D

Aaron

My chickens taste like chicken. I'm pretty sure if a steer got into the horse feed ONE time it's not going to taste like horse. Oh it's almost the same feed as all stock anyway.

My chickens have TWO massive compost piles to "snack" out of...one that's getting added to fresh every day, and one that's not had any additions since Oct. They enjoy both and nobody is eating anything that appears to be doing them any harm.

Back
Top Bottom