Help! My wife is mad at me for feeding the chickens pizza!

Would you feed your chickens pizza?

• Never

Votes: 162 39.9%
  • A little bit at a time, but very infrequently

Votes: 112 27.6%
  • A little bit at a time, whenever we have it

Votes: 100 24.6%
  • All the pizza all the time

Votes: 32 7.9%

• Total voters
Not the end of the world but I wouldn’t feed my girls pizza. A cheap fun snack is to boil spaghetti noodles. They love it
I'm sorry but noodles are all carbs. Not any real nutrition at all. Pizza at least has vitamin C from the tomato sauce protein from any meat and vitamins and minerals from any vegatables that are on it. What's the problem?

This interrupts their nutritional value and could make them sick. I would never feed them pizza. Fun scraps should be lettuce, cabbage, cucumber, strawberries in a chopper. Sometimes as a treat. Glad you posted this!

Right. They pull it appart trying to get it from each other.
I deliberately give my chickens awkwardly shaped and large pieces of food so it acts as a boredom buster: the longer it takes them to eat it, the better! It always seems that bored animals get in more trouble and develop more difficult behaviors.

I haven't raised a chicken in a scenario where they stay confined for prolonged periods in a very long time. I have a question for those of you that have/do. Are their diets really that sensitive in that scenario? I don't remember giving things like pizza to chickens when I was little, but I do remember giving them leftovers from time to time when it had something that the dogs shouldn't eat. I specifically remember a particular beat down I recieved for feeding my favorite game rooster some candy (I don't remember what kind) once, but those guys got treated like pro athletes

I would say Chocolates of any kind is probably very bad. They can kill other birds. Coffee, Tea, stuff that contains Caffeine Id say is taboo as well. Junk food that contains lots of salt and empty carbs, ie Dorito's, Cheese balls, etc probably are not very well either.

Aaron

I would say Chocolates of any kind is probably very bad. They can kill other birds. Coffee, Tea, stuff that contains Caffeine Id say is taboo as well. Junk food that contains lots of salt and empty carbs, ie Dorito's, Cheese balls, etc probably are not very well either.

Aaron
What kind of person doesn't eat all their chocolate? I seriously did not know that tea was bad. I put tea leaves out with the vegetable scraps. Though the rabbits would probably dropkick a chicken over those tea leaves.

Back
Top Bottom