Help! My wife is mad at me for feeding the chickens pizza!

Would you feed your chickens pizza?

• Never

Votes: 162 39.9%
  • A little bit at a time, but very infrequently

Votes: 112 27.6%
  • A little bit at a time, whenever we have it

Votes: 100 24.6%
  • All the pizza all the time

Votes: 32 7.9%

• Total voters
Can someone please help me convince her that it's okay for the girls to have fun table scraps?

Everything in moderation right?!

EDIT: Our girls usually get much smaller quantities of veggie scraps, but this was a couple of weeks ago on New Years Day and all the girls were fine 🙃

View attachment 2498991
My chickens will eat anything they can pack into their mouths. With that said if we had left over pizza 1/2 pizza for 6 chickens would probably go around if one of them doesn't hog up and run. Lol I pretty sure they will live another day with no adverse affect. Honestly a few scraps never hurt anyone's chickens in my humble opinion, as long as its not not a daily diet.

Glad you attached a pic, I was trying to figure out how they held on.
:gig
16122135885016082125670120906545.jpg

Dude, I literally just give my birds any leftovers that the fam isn't gonna eat. They get all of my "failed" kitchen experiments (failed as in the fam didn't like it lol, perfectly safe to eat, just tastes bad). the only reason my chickens don't eat pizza is because there's never any leftover:lol: (my leftovers usually just include rice, veggies, and sometimes meat)

Can someone please help me convince her that it's okay for the girls to have fun table scraps?

Everything in moderation right?!

EDIT: Our girls usually get much smaller quantities of veggie scraps, but this was a couple of weeks ago on New Years Day and all the girls were fine 🙃

View attachment 2498991
Honestly this seriously makes me laugh. We've tried and tried to block the back porch, so the girls can't get in....but it is now to the point of almost completely sealing it up. (They love to leave my hubby eggs (giggle 🤭) up on the shelves in his attached tool room. Then occasionally they'll roll off and hit the jig saw and.... yeah....ummm (🤭)
This fall, I went out of state for a few day, leaving specific instructions to repack the family size meat packages in the fridge.
He didn't....🤦🤷
Some we're marked down for quick sale. So by the time I got back...
They were past MY Freshness Date. So he put one on top the old stove on the back porch, so him and our daughter could go crabbing after work....
They ate the whole freaking thing!! He asked me what happened to it? I said, idk? The chickens were out there making alot of noise? They must have eaten it all!?!
Before I could say anything else, he threw open the back door and start screaming at them... YOU SICK 🤢 BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP!!! I HOPE YOU KNOW YOU JUST ATE YOUR COUSINS!!! 😠😠
Wait....what??
He says that package was all chicken breasts!!! 😳 THEY ATE THEIR OWN COUSINS!!!! 🤦😳.....OH MY 😳🤭🤣😃😂🤣 WOW

Mine get yogurt and they give me extra eggs 😋

Honestly this seriously makes me laugh. We've tried and tried to block the back porch, so the girls can't get in....but it is now to the point of almost completely sealing it up. (They love to leave my hubby eggs (giggle 🤭) up on the shelves in his attached tool room. Then occasionally they'll roll off and hit the jig saw and.... yeah....ummm (🤭)
This fall, I went out of state for a few day, leaving specific instructions to repack the family size meat packages in the fridge.
He didn't....🤦🤷
Some we're marked down for quick sale. So by the time I got back...
They were past MY Freshness Date. So he put one on top the old stove on the back porch, so him and our daughter could go crabbing after work....
They ate the whole freaking thing!! He asked me what happened to it? I said, idk? The chickens were out there making alot of noise? They must have eaten it all!?!
Before I could say anything else, he threw open the back door and start screaming at them... YOU SICK 🤢 BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP!!! I HOPE YOU KNOW YOU JUST ATE YOUR COUSINS!!! 😠😠
Wait....what??
He says that package was all chicken breasts!!! 😳 THEY ATE THEIR OWN COUSINS!!!! 🤦😳.....OH MY 😳🤭🤣😃😂🤣 WOW
I believe they will eat anything that doesn't eat them first.

Back
Top Bottom