Help! My wife is mad at me for feeding the chickens pizza!

Would you feed your chickens pizza?

• Never

Votes: 162 39.9%
  • A little bit at a time, but very infrequently

Votes: 112 27.6%
  • A little bit at a time, whenever we have it

Votes: 100 24.6%
  • All the pizza all the time

Votes: 32 7.9%

• Total voters
I think you're idea is good for pigs but chicken's don't have the right enzymes to digest such things. I have chickens so I control what they eat and control what my egg is made with. Pesticides and herbicides do get into the egg so to me, why bother having your own hens; it's much easy and cheaper to purchase the eggs.
Uhhhh...because I have a farm................and I have probably had chickens longer than you have been on the planet...

Last edited:
You're asking the wrong crowd here. This forum is full of people who have chickens in the house when it gets "too cold." Or takes them to the vet when they are 5 years old and get an illness.

Chickens will regulate their own intake. What they don't like they won't eat. Table scraps have been given to chickens at every farm across the land since the beginning of time.

Our chickens LOVE chicken. Our good friends in NC that have had a family farm for generations told us this years ago, and we thought it not quite right at the time, but now we get it after having our own birds. I mean, we don't give it to them often, but when we cook a whole chicken (or turkey for that matter) we always use as much as possible, and they get the giblets and the bones to pick after we boil them for broth. And boy do they love it. Our Brownie the Buckeye is the protein seeker, her breed is known for being rodent eaters, and she is the first on the scene for any bugs or protein treat!

Back
Top Bottom