Help name my Puppy

Quote:
Thanks, Kim. I agree on the ear thing. I have a dachsund also, and she has nothing on this girl. This little basset actually steps on her ears when she walks if she's not careful. Too funny. And I like Pokey, and Sandy too.
smile.png

Paula

Oh, you know what, I just got that your hubby's name may be Pokey??? Am I right? Sorry, but it is a cute name. Mind if maybe we borrow it?

Paula

when my mom was pregnant with me she would ask my dad if he wanted a boy or a girl. he always answered, "I want a basset hound!" so, when i was born, my dad called me "Puppy". he still calls me that and he collects Hush Puppy memorabilia and Basset things.

i'm calling your dog Trixie Hobnobber no matter what you name her. she's so cute it makes me giddy.

LOL, yes, he's Pokey! And yes, you can borrow it......

Our old dog is named Buster, and in the past people have had trouble keeping it straight which one is named Buster and which one is named Pokey.

His actual name is Anthony, but when his mom was in labor with him (apparently a long labor) his uncle made the comment, "I wish that pokey kid would hurry up and get here." He's been called Pokey ever since.

Kim

My first dog was named "Rip" a mongrel.
Next one was "Grover" mother was an Aussie Shepherd X sire was a Light German Shepherd (Best, smartest dog we ever had)
Next one was "King" a dark German Shepherd
Next one was "Dusty" a light

Our golden retriever is "Lilly".

10376_lily.jpg

I call that little girl Lucy. Just looks like a Lucy to me.

Last edited:
Miss Jane- Daisy Mai Moses (Granny) - Ellie mai Clampett Or even Elvirna Bradshaw- Love the little dog- Really cute!! AND I love the Beverly Hillbillies!!

Wayne
n
Tennessee

Ps - My two standard black cochin hens are name Mittie Dora and Nettie Sue after two of my great-grandmothers!!

Last edited:
Quote:
That is too funny. So, did he ever get a real Basset??
And I told him Trixie Hobnobber should be her registered name, and we'll call her Trixie.

Paula

Mahonri, your Lilly is beautiful. Golden Retreivers are wonderful dogs. We had one years ago-got him as a puppy, and he was just gorgeous. His name was Zeus. I guess someone liked him as much as we did, because he disappeared one day, and we never found him.

You know Wayne, about the Grandmother thing-my Grandmother's name was Lucille, so now I really think this pup should be a Lucy.

Oh, and Elvirna-I really don't think he'll go for that..........
gig.gif

Paula:)

Back
Top Bottom