Help naming a new (spring) roo

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pigfarmer, Sep 28, 2010.

1. pigfarmer

pigfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2010
    Central Maine
    I have a spring rooster born on moms day weekend from ameracauna birds.................................
    I need help with a good name..............one that would stick.
    [​IMG]

Be creative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am stuck for a good name???????????????

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I suggested Hedley Lamar (from Blazing Saddles) before and I'm going to keep suggesting it 'til somebody uses it. Might as well be you![​IMG]

3. fluffychickens

fluffychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Missouri
  4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I've always believed that roosters should have strong, manly names. I've had a Zeus and a Thor. That all went out the window with my new birds. Rosie turned into an Impy and my huge CX cockerels name is Ollie.
    I suggest Zeus, Apollo, or Ra (as in the sun god).

5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Ok.........tell us a bit more about him - his personality, shy, bold, indiffrent, rude? [​IMG] I am sure he not rude, but well maybe he is. [​IMG]

Any quirks? Daily habbits?

More pictures so we get a full look at him? [​IMG]

6. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Rose? Lilac? Princess? [​IMG]

7. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    American Whoa=man... (get away from meee heee) (song)... american woman.. Whoa for short.

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Don't mind me, but I like people names, and I immediately thought of Walter. [​IMG]

What can I say?? My roos are: Carl (EE), Alex & George (Silver Sebrights), Charlie (Buff Brahma), and Nugget (bantam mottled Cochin). Nugget broke the series, obviously. But I know I've got some more roos in the growing chicks to name.

9. pigfarmer

pigfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2010
    Central Maine
    Hi HorseFeatherz NV,
    In reply to your request on his temperament..................... he is not rude, I can approach him outside and in the pen/house pick him up
    without a fuss. He does get assertive with his other spring hatch-lings.

As to bantamboy's name suggestions...........................I don't know if you read HE IS A ROOSTER.[​IMG] [​IMG]

Keep the name suggestions coming

Thanx to all who commented [​IMG]

10. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Mr. Jeepers, Grover, Oscar, Brenden, Simon-------he looks almost identical to my 11 yr.-old son's EE roo, Peter! Very nice coloring----at least I think so. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by