Help! Need advice!

SuffolkGirl

Songster
Jun 1, 2020
UK
This is my first time using an incubator.
Out of 8 eggs I’ve ended up with two that are developed. They weren’t due to hatch until tomorrow and locked the incubator down yesterday afternoon.

I’ve had both eggs start to pip at 8pm last night. One has hatched over night. I’ve kept the humidity up overnight following my incubator instructions and temp is at 37.5 degrees C.

my other egg is still as it looks last night some cracking and pipping has happened but it’s not fully broken through the shell.
My question is. Do I take the baby out that has now been hatched for 12 hours and put under the brooder and hope the other hatches. As technically is only on day 20. Or do I try and help it?

It’s being bashed about a bit by the chick that’s hatched and I’m not sure what to do.

No leave untill the other chick is out! They can go 48 hours before needing food or water
Ok will it be ok as it’s being knocked about a bit? It’s farting to pop same time as the other now I’m worried somethings wrong as it’s not made any progress since last night

Ok will it be ok as it’s being knocked about a bit? It’s farting to pop same time as the other now I’m worried somethings wrong as it’s not made any progress since last night
Its natural for them to be knocked around a bit. They would do that under their mother. it should start zippering in at least a couple hours, or longer depending on if all of its fluids are absorbed.
@MGG @007Sean @CluckNDoodle

Its natural for them to be knocked around a bit. They would do that under their mother. it should start zippering in at least a couple hours, or longer depending on if all of its fluids are absorbed.
@MGG @007Sean @CluckNDoodle
Ok will the other be ok in there until it’s hatched then. Every time I go in the kitchen where the incubator is it starts cheeping really loudly and trying to get to me lol

Back
Top Bottom