Help!! Need Advice

chicken delighted

Songster
8 Years
Mar 26, 2011
mesick,michigan
fl.gif
this is the frist time i have hatch egg from a bator. now i am worried that something has gone wrong. i set egg on 6/3/11 in the evening. i read the instruction manuel twice. now today is the hatch date 6/24/11 and no sounds, no cracks nothing. i lost power once and temps fell to 80 before we got the generator up and running. since then the temps stay around 98-100 . i candle and thing looked ok when i did. so should i just wait till sunday and give them some time to see if the hatch? in the mean while i needed to set eggs in the bator they have been resting for 2 days. so last night i put then in with out trunning the tunner on. i hope this was ok to do .
only thing i can think of is that i did not have anything to check humity. i just order one from egg carton.com last night. hope fully it will come soon.
it might not help these guy out but hope fully this next bunch. but where is a guide line of how much humity they should have week by week or day by day . . YEPs i taking alot but i need adivce. some one once told me that i have taken a chance when i have let my broodies hatch out egg i bought. well only thing i can say to that now is
I WANT MY BROODY
gig.gif

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I consider the stated figure of X days (x is whatever for the species, 16 days for Coturnix quail, 22 days for chickens, 28 days for turkeys, most ducks and geese) to be sort of the bare minimum, the day at which the first possible one might hatch, or more likely even, the day when you'll see the first pip. All of my hatches seem to take an extra day or two beyond day X.

Don't even start to panic until tomorrow night. Just leave them be and keep watching. I know its nervewracking.

Back
Top Bottom