Help!!! Need Chicken Advice

Champagnechickens

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2018
So are oldest hens are over a year old now. I had noticed that on our Rhode Island Red (Lucky) had been getting skinny and having white specs all over her neck. Began doing research couldn’t find much about treating. I found out nothing. I know that the chicken hair has these things covered like eating the hair. I began to remove. She began to bleed. So my question is what do I do now. Am I supposed to remove this so called lice and have a hairless chicken. Please help.

Where they sell pet supplies, you will find a few items for chicken care. Look for Poultry Dusting Powder with permethrin. This is safe for chickens and it will get rid of mites and lice. You will need to repeat in about a week or so to get those that hatched after the first dusting. Wear a mask and try not to get any dust in the chicken's face.

Where they sell pet supplies, you will find a few items for chicken care. Look for Poultry Dusting Powder with permethrin. This is safe for chickens and it will get rid of mites and lice. You will need to repeat in about a week or so to get those that hatched after the first dusting. Wear a mask and try not to get any dust in the chicken's face.
So are you supposed to take off the lice?

So are oldest hens are over a year old now. I had noticed that on our Rhode Island Red (Lucky) had been getting skinny and having white specs all over her neck. Began doing research couldn’t find much about treating. I found out nothing. I know that the chicken hair has these things covered like eating the hair. I began to remove. She began to bleed. So my question is what do I do now. Am I supposed to remove this so called lice and have a hairless chicken. Please help.
try to keep her happy that might help

Back
Top Bottom