HELP....Need to know Gender FAST !

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mljohnson05, May 24, 2011.

1. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    All 4 are bantams.....and 4 weeks or so old...what i was told was 3 hens and a roo by the hatcher....but i need to make sure b4 Decisions are made...but i have grown to love them all...PLZ PLZ help !!!
    They all hatched the same day....Chick #1 was the ONLY one to be slow on feather growth, and is just getting in his/her tail feathers...and is only one that seems "protective" over the others

CHICK #1 ( has thick legs from a view i dont have a pic of...lol also Feathers on legs thinking Roo) This is the only one to grow wing and tail feather LAST...(very slow)
    [​IMG]

CHICK #2 ( Sweet but scared easily...also feathered legs...not sure but was told Hen?)
    [​IMG]

CHICK # 3 (my Favorite , but a loud mouth and HOPE HEN)...Hiding her tail
    [​IMG]

CHICK # 4 (very Sweet and HOPE HEN)
    [​IMG]

Thank You for Any Help [​IMG]

2. swampcat

swampcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, CT
    Pullet, Pullet, Pullet, Roo.

Disclaimer: I am a complete novice at the sexing game, therefore take my predictions with a grain of salt (and a splash of tequila) [​IMG]

3. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    It's difficult to tell, but I'm inclined to agree that you have 3 pullets and a cockeral. However, in a couple weeks I could change my mind... [​IMG]

4. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    #4 looks to be your roo

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:x2

6. AZSummer

AZSummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    I don't know but I love the coloring on the second one.

7. mljohnson05

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    WOW..Thank you for all the thoughts ...i would of thought for sure that #4 was Hen and #1 was Roo (just because #1 is only one to develop late and only one with thick legs)..... Either way....3 hens and roo is what i am hoping for....Thank you for all the help [​IMG]

8. mljohnson05

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Here are pics that were just taken today (2 days after the original post pics were taken).
    And in the Orig. #4 u can see his comb has changes color...and i think u all are right, it is roo... however still wondering Type of bantam that pic #1 chick is....her brown/red/yellow feathers are SOOOOO SOFT...much softer than any of the other 3...here are more pics from today...i LOVE them all so much [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

ALL 4 TOGETHER
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. gertiie

gertiie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by