Help!! Need to make a Home Made Incubator out of Wine Fridge

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
I was given a nice sized Black Wine/drink Refrigerator with the Full glass Door. It still works so I can use whatever I need. I also have a few auto egg turners That I can join together as well as buy a few more for the turners. I will post pics and dimensions as soon as I get them. How can I make it into a Bator and What Parts do I need? I need diagrams please...I am a visual learner..LOL! HELP
lol.png

Wow..why would you want to turn it into an incubator? Does the cooling aspect of this wine "cooler" not work anymore? If it were me I'd sell it, because many people are looking for those little wine storage/cooling systems and the money you sell it for, buy a new incubator.

I'd gladly trade you my forced air LG bator for the wine fridge you have. I can always make another bator.
smile.png

Dan

Last edited:
I use a small wine refrigerator for keeping my eggs before incubating. It's not as cold as a regular fridge by about 30 degrees and it keeps them at a steady temp. That's important here where I can have lots of days over 100 and don't have central heat/air. I do have
a wine frig that is broken too that I considered convering to a bator... post the link.
Wine refrigerators are cheap nowadays.. especially small ones. Those of you wanting
one, check your local craigslist. I got mine for under $50 , you can buy them new under $100
I sold two of the cube type for $20 on craigslist when I found my bigger one for $40.

Nancy

What!!!
smile.png
if you can buy a wine cooling fridge (with full front glass door, and wine racks still in place) for under $100.00 each, buy them and I"ll take two!!

Dan

Back
Top Bottom