Help! Need to move 6 week old chicks

That is so kind thank you so much! I ended up just biting the bullet and letting them work it out, they sleep on separate sides of the coop just like u said they would. And after some pretty gnarly disagreements they seem to tolerate each other! My older girl seems to have become the top hen, the younger ones seem to stay out of her way, which is much better than all 5 of them ganging up on her. All in all they seem to be getting along decently well! A peck here and there but for the most part they don’t rlly even pay attention to each other. My big worry is tonight though…at -15 and sleeping on the other side of the coop I’m worried she may not make it through the night. The temp dropped so suddenly and they really do refuse to sleep anywhere near each other. I do not have any heaters in my coop aside from a small pad that keeps the water from freezing. I am worried that something will happen tonight is there anything at all I can do to avoid that at the last minute?
Very glad it worked out and they had their little pecking order fight. It is a lot like high-school, the top girls, the mean girls, it can feel like survival, as though they will kill you if they can, but really it comes to a head, then it comes into a stable order.

Make sure there is plenty of food and water, resources is a big reason to fight. If they think there is not enough to go around they will want to hoard it. That is a good reason to fight.

Back
Top Bottom