Help Needed in Aftermath of Attack

Well, he still hasn't eaten. Not even the superworms got his attention. One was unaccounted for when I checked on him, so maybe he ate it, or maybe I have a huge creepy crawly loose in my house :eek:

Anyway, when I called to make the appointment, I was told the vet was out of town and wouldn't be back until Wednesday, so we're going Wednesday and I'm going to have them tube feed him and teach me how to do it properly. He's tenacious, I will give him that. He's still up and moving around in spite of his lack of appetite, so I have hope for him.

I hope so too..
fl.gif

I just read your thread and wishing you the very best of luck. I lost my drake last week to a hawk (I ran over just in time to see him on the ground, with the hawk in the tree hovering over him.) He was my favorite :( I really hope things turn around. Do you have any pics yet?

I just read your thread and wishing you the very best of luck. I lost my drake last week to a hawk (I ran over just in time to see him on the ground, with the hawk in the tree hovering over him.) He was my favorite :( I really hope things turn around. Do you have any pics yet?
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss..
hugs.gif

He went to the vet today. We weighed him and he'd lost half a pound from not eating. So he got tube fed and now I get to tube feed him until he starts eating on his own. The wound on the back of his neck isn't infected, thank goodness. She said (different vet this time - the one I like) that his head tilt might actually be because he lost so much skin during the attack, he really can't move his head right. So as the wound heals, he may very well get full head mobility back, which is great news! Now I just have to hope he holds on and starts gaining weight back. He has no energy to speak of after the vet visit, so I'm hoping as the food gets into his system, he starts to perk up.

He went to the vet today. We weighed him and he'd lost half a pound from not eating. So he got tube fed and now I get to tube feed him until he starts eating on his own. The wound on the back of his neck isn't infected, thank goodness. She said (different vet this time - the one I like) that his head tilt might actually be because he lost so much skin during the attack, he really can't move his head right. So as the wound heals, he may very well get full head mobility back, which is great news! Now I just have to hope he holds on and starts gaining weight back. He has no energy to speak of after the vet visit, so I'm hoping as the food gets into his system, he starts to perk up.
I hope so too you have been a great owner taking him to the vet and taking care of him.. Glad your going to be able to tube feed him, hopefully you'll start seeing improvement in a day or so,.
fl.gif
Thanks for the update.

It took peeps several weeks before she really held her head right. It was several days of just laying down in front of her and she really had no movement (she had puncture wounds in her neck) she is all normal now (except the blindness) but everything is much better. She even gets into the pecking order and will fight back with the ducks if they pick on her - so she is still strong in the group!

Back
Top Bottom