Help needed

knomie28

Hatching
Aug 17, 2016
Hoping someone will know whats wrong with my 8 week old Wellsummer. It was hatched from egg in an incubator with 7 others and has had no contact yet with my small backyard flock and in a totally different part of land in a shed until its old/big enough to go outside.so couldn't have contracted anything from contact. Also I have had no Illness in any of my adult hens.

It was fine this morning totally normal but a few hours later its like its gone blind! eyes closed and crying and can't find its food. It stops crying when I cradle it so I think its disturbed rather than in pain as the comfort really helps settle it. It can open its eyes but is mostly closing them even when active. I have looked at all illnesses and I can't seem to find anything that presents like this. It sounds a bit sniffly, like it has a blocked nose so I was thinking it could be a sinus infection. I have separated it and brought it inside the house. I still don't know if its a chicken or cock.

This chick has been a bit strange from birth, always crying unless another bird is close comforting it. As its got older the others baby it, putting there wings over it so maybe its something genetic and they recognise its not healthy.

Any help please. x

[COLOR=2A2E2E]Hoping someone will know whats wrong with my 8 week old Wellsummer. It was hatched from egg in an incubator with 7 others and has had no contact yet with my small backyard flock and in a totally different part of land in a shed until its old/big enough to go outside.so couldn't have contracted anything from contact. Also I have had no Illness in any of my adult hens.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=2A2E2E]It was fine this morning totally normal but a few hours later its like its gone blind! eyes closed and crying and can't find its food. It stops crying when I cradle it so I think its disturbed rather than in pain as the comfort really helps settle it. It can open its eyes but is mostly closing them even when active. I have looked at all illnesses and I can't seem to find anything that presents like this. It sounds a bit sniffly, like it has a blocked nose so I was thinking it could be a sinus infection. I have separated it and brought it inside the house. I still don't know if its a chicken or cock.[/COLOR]

This chick has been a bit strange from birth, always crying unless another bird is close comforting it. As its got older the others baby it, putting there wings over it so maybe its something genetic and they recognise its not healthy.

[COLOR=2A2E2E]Any help please. x[/COLOR]
I have a little Silkie chick that needed a little longer time under the heat lamp than the rest of my hatch, could it be that it's just chilled? Was it the last to hatch out?

I have put the heat lamp in with her. This morning her nose was totally blocked, you could hear it bubbling and she was opening mouth to breath. We started her on anti biotics and already this eve she has perked up a bit and is now eating a little. I am hoping we caught it quick :)

I have put the heat lamp in with her. This morning her nose was totally blocked, you could hear it bubbling and she was opening mouth to breath. We started her on anti biotics and already this eve she has perked up a bit and is now eating a little. I am hoping we caught it quick :)
oh good! Best of luck to you and your little bird
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom