Help! New Baby Can't Stand after hatch!

How hard is it pecking at the chick? Is it removing fluff? Is it a fast paced yet short peeps or a fast paced loud long peeps?

My chicks sometimes climb over and under one-another and do light pecks at each-other without doing any damage and do fast-paced short peeps as they do so, and for the first day chicks are quite vocal after hatching, peeping over EVERYTHING and tend to be quite loud from my experience before quieting down a little.

I dont think he was pecking hard enough to really hurt him, But the baby lying down didnt like it and kept trying to scoot away...I have never incubated chicks before so I am new to this and didnt know they peck each other straight out of the shell lol.. I have however, hatched some from Broody hens, just didnt see them pecking each other. Maybe because they were under the hens a lot. I just took a few pics to give a visual of the leg issue.

This is the baby that is fine and running everywhere..
unnamed (36).jpg
unnamed (38).jpg

This is the one that has the Issue and is always in this position...
unnamed (37).jpg

This is how he/she keeps the legs underneath..
unnamed (40).jpg

And this is how the legs look when I lift up the full body weight...
unnamed (39).jpg

He does seem to be getting stronger in the legs as time goes by. I was able to get him to stand by himself for about 3 seconds before they buckled. The red spot on its beak is from where he kept getting his beak hung in the incubator wire.

Back
Top Bottom