Help newbie! ?Which one do i use in the brooder?

!Shkittles! :

... they actually are pine so should i use the tsc bag which the shavings are really small or the pine shavings which are bigger?

Just double check they are pine. The Tractor Supply I go to only has one size of pine shavings so some one else will have to answer which is better for small chicks (I would think the smaller might(?) be more comfortable for them to walk on, but they might be less likely to ingest larger sizes(?)). I don't know if it really makes a difference which size.

I'm not trying to advertize Tractor Supply, but if you are going there, you can print off a $5.00 off coupon from their website (you have to buy at least $25.00 worth of stuff, but it adds up quick).​

I use kiln dried pine. As soon as they are out of the hatcher they go onto the pine, its warm and soft and because the shavings arent "dusty" small pieces they cant eat them and they get good traction on the shavings. I do have to raise my waters up a bit so they dont fill them up with the shavings but it works out well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom