help! Newley hatched duck

smorg1011

Hatching
Aug 26, 2023
I think I made the mistake of assisting hatching a duckling. I was panicked and had no idea there were even babies being laid as my chicken laid on my duck eggs without me knowing & I have no incubator. Is the yolk absorbed? what should I do?
image.jpg

That does not look like the yolk to me, just egg goo. Is he fluffed up now? For now he needs to be kept warm. He won’t start eating until tomorrow so just a little container of water. Is he an only duckling or might more hatch?

That does not look like the yolk to me, just egg goo. Is he fluffed up now? For now he needs to be kept warm. He won’t start eating until tomorrow so just a little container of water. Is he an only duckling or might more hatch?
Thank you for replying, I think you are right. He is much more fluffed up and is under a heat lamp sleeping. It’s still attached, but seems by only a small bit of umbilical. Nothing is sticking out of his body besides that. There is one other that i found, Im assuming a day or two old, healthy & happy!

I think I made the mistake of assisting hatching a duckling. I was panicked and had no idea there were even babies being laid as my chicken laid on my duck eggs without me knowing & I have no incubator. Is the yolk absorbed? what should I do?View attachment 3620304
Yes that stuff is the goo from the egg
The string will dry up and pull away from baby

Back
Top Bottom