Help! Nieghbors want my rooster gone but I'm zoned Agriculture!

I know roosters are really fun animals, but if you are not breeding, it would be better to get rid of him before the government shuts you down.

Their sound ordinance exempts agricultural noises. Roosters can be considered agricultural, therefore any crowing is exempt. If the neighbors are complaining, that is the neighbor's problem, not the OP's. For all anyone knows, the OP researched where they could legally have an entire flock of chickens (including roosters) and purchased in that neighborhood for that reason.

I agree somewhat. I do find there are uneducated hicks who love to be snide.

I'm far from an "uneducated hick", and wouldn't consider myself to be snide. Sarcastic sometimes but not snide. I'm legally allowed to have my Rooster so why should I give him up? Even those people zoned residential could have chickens (even roosters) in my town. Yes, I didn't intend to end up with a rooster but I'd say one out of a fourteen chickens straight run was pretty good luck. He's also ended up being a big, beautiful and hearty bird, all qualities I have decided to breed for my future stock (these girls aren't going to lay eggs forever and I can develop some nice olive eggers with my EEs and him.)

Back
Top Bottom