HELP! Nigerian vs. Nubian???

There is one answer to this question: Nigerian.
Why? Because I can tell you from my personal experience that raising ONE GOAT without a herdmate (and no a dog will not do) to keep it company, will make a very unhappy goat. We got our first goat at 3weeks old. We had planned with the breeder to get him and two girls at the same time, but during a particularly nasty snow storm, his mother went into labor early and died (along with his brother). Couldn't resist the little face of this baby when the breeder sent the news (my profile picture) so we took him in and bottle raised him inside our house... yes in a diaper. This was great until I wanted to do ANYTHING that was not goat related. I mean... need to go take a shower? Nope. Have to bring the goat. If you think you can leave him alone in his pen, think again. He cries and desperately tries to get out. Think he can't get out? Oh he will find a way! I had so many nights where I sat on the couch next to his pen, so he could hear me breathe until he fell asleep. Then when I think he is asleep enough, I TIP TOED out of the room only to have my pomeranian click click his toe nails behind me and wake up my little goat baby who immediately stood up in protest and wanted out to play. >___<

I won't even go into all the goat proofing we had to do to our house during those first few months until his girlfriends were born.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and get the two Nigerians.

Back
Top Bottom