Help on breeds

TrixieChickenGal

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 30, 2009
Kingston
Hi--my daughter received 3 chickens form her cousin to get her started with her dream of raising and showing chickens and we are not sure of the breeds of any of them.....Please help! Thanks!

Here are pics of the hen. She has a green "iridescent" coloring on top of the black (not showing in pic too well) They said she is 2 yrs old. She lays light green eggs.
42188_ming-ming_head_shot.jpg

42188_ming-ming_from_the_side.jpg

42188_ming-ming_playing_parrot.jpg

Here are pics of one rooster. His Tail feathers have the same green "iridescent" coloring as the hen's. He is supposed to be 2 yrs old, too.
42188_sprocket_head_shot.jpg

42188_sprocket_from_the_front.jpg

42188_eating_sunflower_seeds.jpg

Here is the 2nd rooster. He has feather feet and is supposed to be 8-10 months old.
42188_dsc01676.jpg

42188_carmel_on_arm.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yep yep.... Easter eggers are so much fun! You can't really show them but I would breed them for their colored eggs. They are very nice sweet chickens and are great for kids!

Quote:
She wants to show polish. These were just some to get her started. She loves them anyway!

Thanks for everyone's help in determining the breeds....I don't know much about that yet, but have been researching online & was kinda leaning towards EE -- wasn't sure about the little roo. He doesn't have much "fluff", will that fill in more as he gets older?

Back
Top Bottom