Help on breeds

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TrixieChickenGal, Oct 14, 2009.

1. TrixieChickenGal

TrixieChickenGal Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2009
    Kingston
    Hi--my daughter received 3 chickens form her cousin to get her started with her dream of raising and showing chickens and we are not sure of the breeds of any of them.....Please help! Thanks!

Here are pics of the hen. She has a green "iridescent" coloring on top of the black (not showing in pic too well) They said she is 2 yrs old. She lays light green eggs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are pics of one rooster. His Tail feathers have the same green "iridescent" coloring as the hen's. He is supposed to be 2 yrs old, too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the 2nd rooster. He has feather feet and is supposed to be 8-10 months old.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    2 Easter Eggers and a silkie [​IMG]

3. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    first two are easter eggers and the last roo is a buff silkie

4. CHIC

CHIC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    Yep yep.... Easter eggers are so much fun! You can't really show them but I would breed them for their colored eggs. They are very nice sweet chickens and are great for kids!

5. TrixieChickenGal

TrixieChickenGal Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2009
    Kingston
    Quote:She wants to show polish. These were just some to get her started. She loves them anyway!

Thanks for everyone's help in determining the breeds....I don't know much about that yet, but have been researching online & was kinda leaning towards EE -- wasn't sure about the little roo. He doesn't have much "fluff", will that fill in more as he gets older?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by