Help! One got underfoot!

Yesterday afternoon it all of a sudden became severely constipated in the afternoon. It's had food and water on demand, but it definitely is harder to make it drink water. I was able to deal with that with a molasses water mix and about a half hour of running water and a bit of hard work. Today it's quiet and stinky. Lol! I'm going to work tonight on making it a little sling to get it off it's butt, so it can start to move it's legs around a bit and I can start to assess the problem. It doesn't seem to be in pain at all, and I have felt both hips and they feel normal. Once we can assess it in the sling, I think I'll have a better idea of whether this little one is going to be able to make it.

Very best wishes going to you & her!!
hugs.gif

Yesterday afternoon it all of a sudden became severely constipated in the afternoon. It's had food and water on demand, but it definitely is harder to make it drink water. I was able to deal with that with a molasses water mix and about a half hour of running water and a bit of hard work. Today it's quiet and stinky. Lol! I'm going to work tonight on making it a little sling to get it off it's butt, so it can start to move it's legs around a bit and I can start to assess the problem. It doesn't seem to be in pain at all, and I have felt both hips and they feel normal. Once we can assess it in the sling, I think I'll have a better idea of whether this little one is going to be able to make it.

Proof that good moms make great mother hens (thanks for keepin' us all posted ~'-)

We made a little tinker toy chair/sling device tonight for it. It is acting much happier, eating more. It really wants to anchor it's feet on something so since tinker toys are too tall for the feet to touch the ground, we made a little platform. We'll see how tomorrow does

We made a little tinker toy chair/sling device tonight for it. It is acting much happier, eating more. It really wants to anchor it's feet on something so since tinker toys are too tall for the feet to touch the ground, we made a little platform. We'll see how tomorrow does
Do post pictures!

Will do ASAP! I'm in crunch time for my work year, so the last thing I want to do after photographing all day is pick up my camera and make more work for myself - lol! I'll grab an iphone pic and post it

Will do ASAP! I'm in crunch time for my work year, so the last thing I want to do after photographing all day is pick up my camera and make more work for myself - lol! I'll grab an iphone pic and post it
I'll be waiting, lol.
pop.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom