1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP!! One of my babies died

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by wmroth, Sep 24, 2012.

1. wmroth

wmroth Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2009
    I had 16 silver laced wyandotte chicks. They are about 11 weeks old. Everything seemed normal. BUT this morning I went into the coop, one hen was laying on the floor. I checked her body for marks and there were none. I checked the coop and run to see if there were any bloody stools; everything looked normal. All the other chicks look great, eating, drinking and active. I am feeding a starter/grower feed from TSC. They get fresh water every day. I try to let them out in the yard during the day (only when I am with them - hawks around).

Is there something I can do? Any suggestions would be welcomed! I have been raising chickens for about 4 years and never had this happen. This is my first time with wyandottes and they seem super active. Thanks Bill

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    So sorry ! thats tough when you dont know whats wrong ?! she may ate something that made her sick. Maybe some one else might know .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by