Help! Opened eggs on day 23 and they are still alive!!

I went to help the second chick and it's dead, it's head wasn't positioned under its wing and was bent funny and swollen, I feel like I could have prevented this if I helped get its head out this morning šŸ˜­
Aw, I'm sorry. He may have been a weak chick anyways. If he was malpositioned that's definitely a problem too. Was there any yolk left? I agree, how's the other one, @Maisier ?

Today is day 23 for my silkies I am hatching. It's my first go at it. I candled them yesterday after several YouTube videos lol and 5 outta 7 you could see moving around in the egg and they had good air pockets on the big side. The other 2 had blood rings around them and so I removed them. I have my heat set on 99.7 and my humidity is at 70%. I havent noticed any cracks or Marks in the eggs yet and when I candled them and seen them moving around you could see veins in the eggs as well. Is this normal for these small eggs. Any advice would help!

Today is day 23 for my silkies I am hatching. It's my first go at it. I candled them yesterday after several YouTube videos lol and 5 outta 7 you could see moving around in the egg and they had good air pockets on the big side. The other 2 had blood rings around them and so I removed them. I have my heat set on 99.7 and my humidity is at 70%. I havent noticed any cracks or Marks in the eggs yet and when I candled them and seen them moving around you could see veins in the eggs as well. Is this normal for these small eggs. Any advice would help!
Have you calibrated your thermometer? What kind of incubator? Give them more time. They're definitely not ready yet. I'm guessing your temp was actually too low.

Have you calibrated your thermometer? What kind of incubator? Give them more time. They're definitely not ready yet. I'm guessing your temp was actually too low.

It's a little giant incubator. The paper I recieved with my eggs said they needed to be at 99.5 and then decrease to 99.1 and humidity at 62-65% the last 3 days but then I read on alot of things that those eggs need to be at 101 and humidity as high as 70%. I know them little boogers are in there lol I I seen them moving around and then seen it again today earlier just be sure they're still alive bc it's now 2 days past and I didnt want to burn them up. Like I said before it's my first time doing it but I'm hopeful!

Sorry for your chick :( How is the other one making out? It's not your fault. Was it only the 2 eggs you were incubating this time?
No, those two were just late. The other one stopped trying to get out of the egg and was trying to squeeze through the hole I made so I took more egg shell off and went to bed and overnight it managed to push itself out and is fine, I'll post a pic

Aw, I'm sorry. He may have been a weak chick anyways. If he was malpositioned that's definitely a problem too. Was there any yolk left? I agree, how's the other one, @Maisier ?
No all the yolk and blood vessels were absorbed. The other chick stopped trying to zip the egg and was trying to push itself through the hole I made and I was worried so I took some egg shell off and it managed to push itself out overnight

No all the yolk and blood vessels were absorbed. The other chick stopped trying to zip the egg and was trying to push itself through the hole I made and I was worried so I took some egg shell off and it managed to push itself out overnight
That's great! So they're all hatched then?

That's great! So they're all hatched then?
Yes all hatched now, the last little one that survived is chirping almost constantly and I haven't seen her drink or eat just sleep so I took her out and gave her some water and she drank a little her self when I dipped her beak into it cause she couldn't see it or something and I dropped some chick start in front of her so she would see it and peck but she hasn't

Yes all hatched now, the last little one that survived is chirping almost constantly and I haven't seen her drink or eat just sleep so I took her out and gave her some water and she drank a little her self when I dipped her beak into it cause she couldn't see it or something and I dropped some chick start in front of her so she would see it and peck but she hasn't
How old is she now?

Back
Top Bottom